After talking with my midwife- I learned a couple new things this week.
1. I need to watch my weight since there is a limit for the birthing tub (I'm less than 10 lbs from the limit, so not a BIG worry).
2. The two midwives are staggering their vacations over the next 2 weeks.
3. They now have a midwife intern- who I totally think is great even after just meeting her once- that will be at the birth.
4. Inducing doesn't really become an option until 42 weeks- so. . .worst case scenario is that on September 3rd is the latest arrival date.
Inducing isn't really an option that I like to think about- because any induction means I can not have the water birth I've been hoping for since there has to be monitoring. Also, induction will most likely lead to more interventions- like Pitocin- and I don't think I can labor without an epidural with pitocin- which I blame my long LONG recovery on a strong epidural and inpatient doctor- I was literally sleeping right before he said 'push' with Leila. (so that is why I nixed an ob this time)
Here goes nothing- in wishing that this can all end well- with a healthy baby and mom.
No comments:
Post a Comment