Friday, January 8, 2010

Waiting at Olive Garden

Today I was to meet my co worker, Jenny, at the Olive Garden in Layton. Surprisingly I was running early! Apparently so was she because she stopped to have a smoke on the side of the road behind a grocery store. She got out of the car and the door closed with the car running and locked her out! She didn't have her cell phone or wallet. Meanwhile I got to Olive Garden and waited in the waiting area until noon- then ordered my food and was calling and texting her not knowing the situation. At 12:30 she called and said she was on her way (5 minutes away).
All the while I have Leila with me and even though she got a little anxious/antsy in the waiting room but when we got to the table- she ate some salad and played with toys. She then ate the ravioli and played with other toys and colored with crayons.
I was so impressed with Leila because we didn't leave until 1:30- she spent 2 hours at Olive Garden and I'm just impressed there weren't any break downs or screaming. Good Job Leila!
Tonight I quit my job- its my last night but they said I could return if I leave on good terms and actually I improved my bills per hour this week!
We now have Hi5 DVDs and the Harry Potter CDs (book on CD) and on Monday we will get our licence plates and say bye to great grandparents and hopefully hit the road at 6pm! Yahoo!

No comments: