Oh! Yeah! Our condo sold today! We don't close until 11/20- but at least that is before the holidays! This is GREAT news. So our current plan- is to apply like CrAzY to Ohio for jobs. Brey's company is anticipating in February a 'slow down' so we might drive to Ohio and live there for a month and look for that month while living there. If a job doesn't come of that month- then we will drive back- BUT if we do get a job while there then Leila and I will stay and Brey will drive a Uhaul to Ohio. Most of our crap/stuff is in storage- so besides our beds/couch and kitchen table- things are packed already.
Sadly this means that I will need to keep my job for insurance for now and its nice to save and I don't have any more time off for the holidays- this is the first time I will be here in Utah for both Thanksgiving and Christmas. I'm sad about that- but we have a goal in mind.
We are lucky in a lot of ways. This is just the beginning to another chapter for us.
I am amazed that we only lived in our condo for 3 years- we really thought we would have like 3 kids in there- and be there for 7 years- we barely made it 3!
Our motivation to be in Ohio is for the kid reason. Its amazing how this little girl altered our world! First with the pregnancy- being so sick and always nauseaed or drugged up on Phenergan- I remember Brey would come home from work/school and find me on the same position on the couch not only from the morning but from the night before! And that lasted from weeks 8-23! I couldn't work. I couldn't go to the grocery store- that was terribly nauseating- and I can't imagine taking care of Leila while being so tired and nauseous. Also with family in ohio and cousins for Leila too! Tami will also be more able to visit with her work schedule than my parents. Cost of living is alot more affordable with housing and gas prices have traditionally been lower than here- also plumbers get paid more in Ohio too. We plan on moving back to Utah in 10 years. We both loved our childhoods and we want Leila to have the opportunities that we had too!
OH! things are so exciting- I'm so happy that this is all happening and the ball is REALLY starting to roll on our plans. We feel like this is the best for our family- and like I said, this is very good and exciting.
1 comment:
Yeah!!!! Congratulations!!! Well...I mean, it means you will be moving far away from us, but I know it's exciting for you and a good choice, so that's why I'll be happy for you. :) :) :)
Post a Comment