Oh how Leila picks up things! Brey told me a story about the other night-
Brey was biting his nails while Leila was sitting next to him. She grabbed his arm- pulled it away from his mouth and said 'no'!
She has also discovered that she can make herself 'gag'- so when we ask her things like, "What does the cow say? Moo. What does a skunk smell like? (plugs her nose)" Now we have added 'what does the ballerina do?' and she gags herself. ha ha :o)
We are thinking about changing her crib to her bed- and coming up with a solution for her 'bed rail' because she has a toddler crib/bed the rails are almost $100! I thought maybe I could just attach a body pillow with elastic to her mattress- but the pillow is HALF of her bed. So Brey might make a rail or I might ask Tami to make a bolster (small body pillow). We will see. Its just hard with Leila over 30lbs now to lift her up and over the tall rail.
This weekend Brey and I had a date night. I wish we would have started an hour earlier- because the U of U game ended and EVERY restaurant had a crazy long wait and we had already bought our tickets for the movie. We ate at a seafood restaurant and then saw Where the Wild Things Are. It was great to get out of the house for an evening- but even though we had a great time. . .I think going out is OVERRATED- we had just as much fun Sunday night watching TV together. It's still nice to get out - I think I might have become a 'home body' since working nights.
Condo Update: Today a family is going to go AGAIN through our condo- and rumor has it that the couple has another 1st choice, but our place is a better price- NO KIDDING- our place is marked SOOoooo Loooowwww its kinda upsetting. Oh well, the joys of having a Realtor- but if we sell it we could make up the difference in NOT paying our mortgage for a few months before we can go to Ohio! (the main goal)
3 comments:
Let me tell you that moving kids into the toddler bed isn't worth it until they are for sure ready.(signs of being ready, sleep one direction and not flop around, not wake up ever during the night, and being able to understand staying in bed part.)
We switched Addy into a toddler bed and she is having the hardest time figuring out things. She sleeps all over the place, falls out of bed, bumps her head and body parts on the wall and the worst is that she doesn't have to stay in it so she gets up all the time. She just does not understand yet that she has to stay there. Obviously you know your kid best but it is a lot harder than you think.
We put Nikki in a toddler bed, this was when she was only weighing in at 15 Lbs (we had to switch her cause of the new baby) and I had the same dilemma!! She actually only fell out twice, I layed down a bunch of pillows so the landing was soft!! ha ha but it did work, I don't know how far from the ground your bed is, hers is not very but you could always just lay a bunch of pillows down? Every child is oviously different?
yeah, i have read about kids bending there collar bones from falling. She puts her self to bed- hangs on her rail to go to bed. She does wake up at her nap since she has a cold- I have since sent her picture to a cute costume contest with safety 1st and a prize is a bed rail - HEREs to Hoping we can get a free one!
thanks for the comments Eve and Juls!
Post a Comment