Friday, October 30, 2009

Carnival Fun

Leila and her pink spider.

Decorating her pumpkin.

Pink Lady Bug on Cheek.

Inflatable fun!


Loving being at school!

My Visit Teaching Companion (women pair up and share church messages with other church women) is the Pres of the PTA and told me about the carnival at the neighboring elementary school- and it was a BLAST! I got to get on some list about these school carnivals until I can get Leila to go to them when she is in school.
It started at 5:30 and we got there right on time- and got a great parking space! Which for you Ohioans- parking on the street isn't fun because one way or another you are going up or down a very steep hill! So we bought tickets to play- we went to the inflatable slide- each taking a turn to go down with Leila- which getting up with Leila was the hard part! Then she got to decorate her pumpkin- which she did very well with stickers- Dad put and colored on a skull and I kinda started a ladybug- but she over took the project and did a great job. She then got her face painted- ladybug on her cheek. And lastly we got her a pink spider balloon from the balloon artist. While walking to the different classrooms she was loving the other kids- running if they were running and talking to them- and she would randomly walk into a classroom and then turn around and walk out. It was so cute! I wish I could tell you how much I enjoyed being there. She was little miss independent- like she had been to school carnivals before. A natural social girl.
We were only there for about 45 minutes- but it was great! She had a great time- and I can't wait to get word of another school carnival around- tomorrow the Bountiful City Youth Council (modeled after the City Council) is hosting a pumpkin patch but that doesn't start until 6pm and is outside- so we might not go since its getting pretty cold outside. Saturday we are going to do some trick or treating around 6pm- first trunk or treat and then some neighbors- it should be a blast. I love having a toddler!!

1 comment:

Christina said...

A natural social girl? Sounds like you, Hillary! :)