Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Unplanned Day

this morning i was so sluggish to get moving. Leila woke up early and I knew I didn't have plans to plan until 10- but I was still slow. Anyways, I finally got moving and packed a diaper bag and met up with Susi at a park that Leila and I had never been too. I'm kinda reluctant to try new parks because earlier this summer I saw a kid plummet to earth from a very high platform - and since haven't been back to that particular park- it was so scary, he fell in between the bars that are parallels to the stairs. ANYWAYS. Susi's ward was having their play date, so there were about 10 moms and about 10-15 kids i think.
The fire fighters from a local station were doing a training, and they invited us over to play on the truck. Most kids were too small but us moms were interested to know why they were there and where they were from. They said they were doing a small training since a fellow fire fighter had not done that training and they try to get 'hands on' training once a week. They played the lights and sounds and Leila got to sit on the seats- which are VERY high, and she didn't like that as much. The firefighters then started the hose and shot it out in to the field (as a spray not a jet of water) and Leila was the last to leave. Even when they had finally turned off the hose- all that water created very nice puddles!!
The field was inverted so I could just watch her run, because its almost too steep for her to try and get out of the Field herself! But I can't explain how much fun she had. She would run into the spray and then run out. In and out, in and out. She just giggled and played and I loved watching her do that over and over again.
I had an extra outfit and that SAVED me. It wasn't a very warm day- it was cooling off for some soon rain- so she was very cold when I finally pulled her away.

This past weekend, Brey got a ton of help and was able to do alot of work on the condo. our to do list is now to paint the doors, and rehang them and put all new door knobs on them!!

At Brey's Aunt Pam's Fundraiser Leila and I rode a horse.- ok fine, it was a pony- but Yes, me. I know , I know we do alot for our children has parents but only 2nd to her birth is me riding a horse with her. I FEAR horses. They are true beasts, and should be free- but we rode it and she had a great time. She just laughed and laughed. I haven't heard the total of the money earned, but I felt like it was a great turn out and personally had fun at the auction.

Leila is almost 18 months, so she will start going into nursery with the other kids ages 18 mos-3 years during me going to Relief Society and Sunday school. I think I might have a hard time with this- maybe I enjoy playing with her too much to leave her?? lol we will see. I might just start leaving her after General Conference- the kids in there are so much older than her. the next youngest 2 years and 5 months old.- that is almost DOUBLE Leila's age. We will see, I 'll keep you posted.

1 comment:

Smittys said...

I thought I would have a hard time with nursery too...but man it is the best thing on earth and they learn so much even if there aren't any kids her age. It is probably better that way. Trust me she will love it.