I don't know why, but today is a HUGE day. Leila is officially 18 months. She is so precious, and beautiful and a lot of fun. Here is a little about her at 18 months.
Leila's day starts around 8am, with some instant oatmeal & banana with some water- maybe with some chex mix. She'll go back down in the crib with her bottle about 45 minutes later. She'll sleep for 15-60 minutes depending. Then we play until noon when she'll have lunch. Then nap around 1 or 130- until 3 or 4. Then she'll have dinner promptly at 5. I leave for work at 630 and I think she goes to bed about an hour after that.
The foods that she likes- turkey, chkn nuggets, frozen burritos, pasta with either red or white sauce, carls jr hamburgers, roast beef arbys sandwiches. .the list goes on and on- not a big fan of fish or shrimp. She loves her vegetables green beans, peas, broccoli with tomato being her ultimate fav. Fruits- loves strawberries and grapes, pears not so much peaches. She usually eats her yogurt all by her self. Starting with a spoon and later resorting to using her four fingers at the same time. She likes cheese and rice snacks too.
Leilas funny habit is if she is eating and is finished she will push all uneaten food into the cup holder and put the cup on top! If i don't remove that food, then she removes the cup and places what will fit on top of the sippy cup and then tips it upwards like she was drinking out of it. If this doesn't work then likely she will start smashing it in her forehead and in her hair. Surprising when she does this she does actually continue to eat- so strange.
Playtime: she is a huge fan of musicals- High School Musical is her favorite, Barneys sing and dance, Joesph and the Technicolor Dream Coat, but more recently the Incredibles. She'll also watch Scooby Doo and Shrek. If she is cranky I put on those baby einstien videos and she calms down very well. Still likes to do forwarrd rolls and play with her other toys and especially jumping on the trampoline with her dad- he also blows bubbles with her out there too.
With it being her 18th month old birthday. .she no longer has her baby crib bedding, I got new from Target that is girlie.
I have also removed all small baby toys or toys that go with other toys. I have kept all her railings up- probably until she climbs out.
Things that I wish she didn't do, is climb on top of small tables. I went from saying 'no', to removing her and now I just ignore her because she just sits on there- so maybe if its not an issue than she'll stop doing it.
Leila can make animals noises. I'll try and video tape them but they go as follows
Kitty: Mow
Dog: Wff
Bird: weet -kinda like tweet
Lion: rrrr (with hands up)
Skunk: (plugs her nose)
Ow: oooo
Cow: mmmmm
We are working on
bear: Grrr
Frog: Ribbit
Monkey: ah ah ah
Last week we went to the doctor and she is a little over 27lbs. I have new insurance (haven't got new cards) so I haven't scheduled her 18 month visit, the doc didn't seem in a rush- he said come back in 3-4-5 months at her 15 month appt. so I'm not stressing. Her health is good. She likes brushing her teeth and surprised me the other day when I said we were done that she spit! oh yea, I forgot I do that when I brush my teeth.
1 comment:
How fun! She sounds like such a cutie. They grow so fast.
Post a Comment