How sick you might ask? Well when talking to her doc this evening he stated that at any age he hasn't seen a case of mono this bad.
Ok, back to the beginning. Sunday Leila was soo fussy! Finally I noticed she had a temperature of 102. So did the usual tylenol/ motrin every 4 hours. .then monday the fever got to 102 and then later on 103*. I called the doctor office and everyone wanted another symptom like coughing, weezing, diarrhea and the ever popular vomiting. Leila had none. I called each time her fever would creep back up always reassured that after 104 or 105 then there is a concern. Tuesday Morning she slept in after a rough rough night- and her temperature was 95 at 1030, then at 11 it was 97. Then at 1230 it was 103.8! I did notice she was having pain urinating so I named that a 'symptom' and went to the doctors office. She was so much more herself. having just a temperature of 101- so they 'bagged' her for a urine sample and we watched shrek in the waiting room. Finally we got the sample needed and they tested for UTI- negative. Her pediatrician then suggested we get an 'aray' of tests ran to see what direction to go because it was so many days with such a high fever. I opted to get the tests done today.
Brey and I did some meeting up in NSL and then went on to the Primary Children's Hospital. We got to both registration before they closed at 530 and to the lab services at 6pm and she had her blood drawn and then we had to go to the ER to get the nasal swab- which by its name you would assume its like a throat or cheek swab with a cotton ending stick up your nose.. NO WAY! It is a simi-long skinny tube that uses a pretty intense suction that goes up/down your nose probably a good 3-4 inches! no lie! Poor Leila, she was done! She hated even having her back listened to and was so upset that the nurse had to look at her stomach.
So tonight I talked to her doctor about some of the results and where the rating of some cells is normally at 5% (normal mono case), Leila is at 25%, the highest he has ever seen.
Today, wednesday we will get the rest of the results and get a plan. Her doctor said that she is very uncomfortable, probably having muscle cramps, headaches, soreness and throat pain. Poor girl.
2 comments:
Oh my word! I'm soooooooo sorry girl! poor thing...Keep me updated please....I hope she gets to feeling better...I'll be praying for her...love ya!
Ohh that is so tough. It is so sad when they get sick! I wish I lived closer and could come and help you out!! She will be in my prayers along with you and Brey too.
Love you
Post a Comment