Tuesday, June 16, 2009
TODAY
I think Leila knew today was gymnastics day. I woke up to her talking, so I went in to check on her and she was teetering on her head trying to do a forward roll IN HER CRIB on her blankets! I laughed. Then I took her to her mat and helped her look at her tummy (no pressure on her neck)and to do the roll there.
This is how adorable Leila looked at her first and last for a while gymnastics class. It was so much fun. I think in the future, we will look into doing it but i just can't commit to a yearly enrollment fee when everything we do is temporary right now.
These are all the fun things we played with. another class was starting- but the large round red thing Leila was bending backwards on, and they had a tunnel to crawl through, balancing board, a cube foam pit to jump/toss her into and a cheese slice to do forward rolls. We played on the tramp and even got the parachute out. It was alot of fun. The teacher was great, very energetic. Leila during the warm up time stood in the very center of the circle and just stood and stared at the teacher- like 'what the heck are you doing?' and then if she did something funny Leila clapped. There were lots of plastic stars on the ground for everyone to sit on, and any that weren't being used were collected by Leila and put in the center of the circle. It was really relaxed that Leila didn't have to do everything, she could just play at her hearts desire- which made it less stressful for me as I chased her around only when she was leaving larger areas into other kid/class areas.
Today I ventured out to what I called work at the university bookstore, but now it is the 'campus store' which makes me feel even older that it has a different name than when I worked there- you know.. .back in the day when they called it. . .- but I was chatting with the cashier and mentioning that I had worked there- 5 years ago- and she totally gave me the employee discount! yippie!! I'll take 20% off anytime!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I love the pigtails!
We miss you guys! We need to get together for a play date. This is so cute about Leila and gymnastics!
And so sorry your blogs got deleted! That happened to my when I used pyzam. And I found other weird things downloaded onto my computer from there. Now it's cutestblogontheblock, or cristiscreations, delightful dots, or leeloublogs that I use. I haven't had a problem since.
Well, when you get a chance let me know when we can all play!
Post a Comment