Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Iron/ Pregnancy Ending/ Great Examples



Well, things are ok. I had some tests run today and everything is fine. I'm taking an iron supplement twice a day for the remainder of the pregnancy- which is ok b/c realistically its only 3 more weeks worse case scenario.
I've truly liked being pregnant this past couple of months- I'm surprised I'd ever say that seeing how the first 23 weeks went for me. People randomly tell me 'it will be over soon' and it makes me sad. She's been a little joy to talk to, pat and laugh with or at. It's seemed like these past few weeks have taken longer - ever since my niece was born- because now it's just me, susi, risha and natalie that are pregnant and the list seemed like it was so much longer before. I just don't feel like a huge rush to have her in my arms, I know she is safe/ warm/ and feeling my love always and I think first time moms worry when the baby first comes home (why wouldn't they) but right now I don't have to worry about her- she's fine.
Though I have to say Brey & I are ecstatic to bring her home. I know Brey just wants to hold her and have the reassurance that I have that everything is alright. She'll be beautiful. She'll be perfect. Brey and I will also have the opportunity to be the great parents that our own parents have shown us. We've also been truly blessed with extended family members, friends and neighbors (and siblings too) that helped mold us into great adults. We've been watching you- taking notes and now we are ready to do it ourselves. I'd like to think that Brey and I turned out great so there is no doubt that our child won't do the same. Thank you- Hillary

3 comments:

Elora said...

It was GREAT to see you! We need to get together again soon!!!

Anonymous said...

Hillary, Your last paragraph brought tears to my eyes. I truly believe you and Brey are going to make wonderful parents!

I can totally relate to how you are feeling about being pregnant. I missed having the girls with me once they were out in the real world. Sounds selfish, but I missed knowning they were with me and there was such a connection....Once they were born I actually wondered at times...."now what do I do with her??" Of course I knew, and I learned what I didn't know. Your mother was a big help, so don't be afraid to ask her for advice.
Take care, and I will be thinking of you and waiting to hear of Leila's birth......Love, Elaine

zfam said...

hill, it's coming up faster than you think we are so excited for you and brey! we need to get together one of these nights before Leila joins us.