Sunday, March 2, 2008

What's my pulse?!?

Ok, so today has been a little exciting for a typical Sunday afternoon. I've been a little frustrated and overall worried- I can't wait until tomorrow morning when I can call my doc.
First let me say that Saturday wasn't an exhausting day- but Brey and I got plenty of sleep. We both napped from 3-6pm and then were in bed by 10:30 until this morning. Of course I got up a few times in the night but it was a calming day.
Today I walked to the car (20 feet maybe) and back and then I just crashed. I sat down and I had no energy to do anything else. I eventually made it to the bed and decided to call the on-call Doc b/c I just knew this wasn't right- I couldn't even really open my eyes with out thinking how much effort that took and my arms and legs felt like I had weights on the end preventing me from lifting my arms with out tons of effort.
I talked to the doc (Dr. Stille) and he said I should go to urgent care and have my blood pressure taken (they do that for free!). I did that and my bp was 146/80 with a pulse of 120. I reported back the results and Dr. Stille was not happy with how high my pulse was (normal is below 100)- he was ok with my bp b/c 80 is normal. So he thought maybe I was coming down with a viral infection and it was the start of a fever for the flu. He asked me to take a tylenol and have it checked again at 5pm. At 5pm I went back to the urgent care and now I had a bp of 136/71 with a pulse of 113. So I called back for the on call doc and it SWITCHED so then I had to talk to Dr. Riess? Of course I had to retell the whole story. Which he questioned everything Dr. Stille told me todo- and I was just doing what he told me to do- Call Dr. Stille and talk to him about the reasoning of treating a fever before it starts- I DONT KNOW!
Anyways- I felt like an idiot and he said not to worry unless my pulse stayed at 120- which it went down so no worries. Of course he kept asking what my bp and pulse was at my last appointment- Like I know!?!?! They just say it's normal. So anyways I'll go into my doc's office tomorrow morning and have that nurse take my pulse and look over my record. I guess it's supposedly tricky to treat a mom for heart rate and it not affect the baby- so I can see why they don't care it's a little out of normal range.
Anyways- this week has started off a little rocky- I hope everything calms down. I will post more later but just wanted to keep ya'll updated. BTW Lil' Leila has been moving around just fine all day. Love, Hillary

ps the names of the docs have been changed or misspelled because my prego brain couldn't handle new information after getting bp and pulse numbers. :o)

No comments: