Thursday, May 24, 2012

Moving!?

We have always anticipated moving back to Utah. We decided that in 2009, that Brey was at a point in his profession that he could start in Ohio somewhere and I would be able to be with my family (especially since being pregnant was so hard for me, I wanted my mom/sister to help me out). We thought we would give our children a little bit of both of our childhoods. So we jumped-  always with the thought that we would jump back whenever we could, but ideally 7-10 years from then.
Last week we found out that his previous boss was diagnosed with stage 4 cancer. We were heartbroken. He is such an amazing man, with an amazing family- having invited us to family events through out the year and vacation. He is so much more than a boss to Brey. We would describe ourselves to be friends with a number of his children and their families. But with this condition our 7-10 year plan got pumped up...quite a bit.
Brey and I will be leaving Ohio in the next few weeks with our girls. We plan on staying in Utah for the summer. Then at the end of summer I will return with the girls so we can prepare our house to be on the market. I will put Leila in the same pre-school as she was in this past year (she even gets the same teacher!). Brey will likely join me back in Ohio mid-winter to finish our projects that we started before his appendix ruptured.
This is a fast and hard change. I'm still in the 'I get to spend summer in Utah' fun thoughts. .not in the 'now I have to pack up my house in 2 weeks for the next 10' reality. Wow. Life can change so fast.

3 comments:

Ma said...

Hilary...I got an email from your blog, asking how you know me. While my Google sign-on says "Ma"...I'm also known as Shawn Harvey...aka Ali's mom! Hope you don't mind me linking your blog to mine. Let me know if you do and I'll remove the link!...Shawn

Brey, Hillary, Leila & Lydia said...

No problem Shawn, I was just confused since I couldn't place anyone else that you were following. . .or find familiar names on your blog. enjoy!

shayne said...

WHAT!! It is happening!!!??