Sunday, March 13, 2011

Sick Hillary

So, I was STILL sick a week later- and since I have an amazing sister and brother- Leila was at her Aunt's house ALL week! Ok, so here's the story. Scott was in town with a friend from Tennessee for the Arnold Classic. Since he had to pass Hope's house he offered to take Leila to her- I did not object. I was so sick.
Then Monday afternoon, my Dad's Mom, Lillian Lois Ferguson, passed away. So that meant that Scott would be coming home for the funeral- and on his way back home Thursday he stopped at Hope's house for dinner and brought Leila home!
It all worked out. It was so fast. I was so sick the whole time. Apologies to those I haven't returned phone calls to- I am finally speaking in normal tone! I was sick until I had 3 full days of antibiotics.
On a sad note, my dad's mom died. She was young, but had been cared for for 20 years at a nursing home and until 2 years ago her mother was also there with her. I'm glad that I have the knowledge, faith and hope that she is without her earthly limitations and enjoying the freedom from her mortal body. She, in her youth before her illness affected her so greatly, was a beautiful and caring woman. I'm most pleased about Leila and I to have visited her this past Thanksgiving and the fond memories I have of Leila sharing her backpack and toys with her and enjoying looking at pictures of the family at her bedside and watching cartoons with her. I know it pleased her to know that her legacy continues in great-grandchildren, she smiled and laughed the whole visit. The funeral was great, many memories were shared and I felt peace.

No comments: