Thursday, March 31, 2011

Mystery Gender!

We had our ultrasound this week. It was great to hear that everything is fine. Baby is growing, as the doctor put it- a good ball cap size, good belt size and strong heart with all four limbs. What more did I want to hear. . . .well, that he could find the gender of course! I didn't want to know the gender just have him write it down and give to my friend Tracey to make a cute cake- to open at Easter with family to find out the gender (pink or blue cake under the neutral icing). BUT I had to cancel the order. The cake order was going to be fun, I had found cute phrases and themes. My two top favs were 'What's the gender going to bee?' with bumble bees on the cake, and another one was 'HE or SHE enjoy a slice and you will see!' Cute? right!? Leila had a gender neutral bedding that I'm still in love with! (see here http://averyfamilymemories.blogspot.com/2008/02/crib.html) So we can get baby #2's room decorated before the arrival- but my sister was so anxious to off load all her baby boy clothes and we have a family on stand by for Leila's girl clothes if we don't need them. I guess I never thought I'd be the person finding out in the delivery room. Some people plan on that- I would have if this baby was a boy- for #3- but I guess this little one just didn't want to turn- and since he was breech too low or hard to get the angle. So who knows- well. .really. .no one knows, and I'm trying to embrace this mystery gender!

No comments: