I don't get it. My daughter doesn't go to child daycare. She doesn't see lots of kids- maybe once or twice a week. And that has changed in the past 1 month because she has had lice -which still seems very bazaar because that is another thing you get from others.... that is besides the point. The point is. .she isn't around that many people so when I find out she has a virus- I'm totally shocked! Totally shocked! I guess she isn't getting the 'mini' germs- like from over washing your hands- but I am facing yet another week of isolation.
Tonight she lost the fever and stopped eating and drinking- and actually swallowing- even her own spit. So our friend checked her out (at his house -he is a doc at children's hospital) and he said she has 'herpangina' which is PAINFUL sores in the back of her mouth- and being a virus- there is NOTHING I can do for this poor girl, other than hold her as she drools since swallowing sometimes causes her to gag during her sleep. .leading to her sleepless nights and panicked cries.
Also with this being a virus- means she got it from someone. . .but who!!?!!?
I can't win. I even had super fun things this week. Thursday- Zoo animals at a library fundraiser, Friday- high school football game and Saturday arts in the alley parade and events down town GC.
Poor Leila.
I also have my drug test tomorrow for my new job. Next Monday & Tuesday is training at my job and Hope said I could still take Leila over there. .and Wednesday she'll stay because mom's house is getting new windows- and that isn't safe for a toddler. My life has never been so planned out before- and I kinda miss my old way of living day by day with no lice comb (i still do it) and a healthy playful child.
No comments:
Post a Comment