Monday, April 12, 2010

Timeline

Ok, so probably right about now I should be packing. Not packing what I need to take but packing what is staying! But I'm not, so why not blog?!?

Brey feels very good about this job offer. And of course I'm excited about it too. The only thing that needs to happen this week is we need an oil change and see Brey's grandparents and chill with our friends. Brey also mentioned to me (tonight) that we should have our bedroom packed up but that he could do the kitchen if need be. Everything else is already packed- and in storage. Leila has a few toys hanging around but we just need a couple of boxes for that.

Tuesday - pack bedroom in the AM and visit grandparents in the PM- Brey picks up tools at home depot
Wednesday- pack bedroom in the AM and get the oil changed, grocery store in afternoon
Thursday- pack for trip and do ALL laundry
Friday- pack the car when Brey gets home from work, go to bed
Saturday (3am) leave for Lincoln, NE
Sunday (4am) leave for Grove City, Ohio
6-7 pm arrive in Grove City and unpack car completely
Monday- Brey starts work at 9am!

Of course packing for Leila is kinda hard to do. We have to have extra outfits, diapers and snacks stocked up, sippie cups too- I pack multiple ziplock bags with a book, toy, activity (pompom or magnadoodle), sunglasses or accessory (hat or old cell phone) for in the car fun. That way when she gets bored I hand her a bag and that buys us some time to get somewhere to get out of the car. I also do a bag for when we stop for breakfast- coloring pages and toys to push on the floor. I also pack a larger bag of larger toys for when we arrive at the hotel for her to play with. Not to mention bubbles and swimsuit (swim diapers) for the hotel too!

. . .and don't forget we are also taking our two cats!

Challenges I anticipate: waking up Saturday morning, finding a place to eat breakfast in the vast emptiness of Wyoming- probably little america area- and I'm hoping La Quinta Inn fixed the pool that was getting re-tiled last time we stayed there! (by the way the swimming pool in Kansas City wasn't working either)

2 comments:

EJNielsen said...

Hope everything goes as planned!

Susi said...

What a crazy week girl! It will be all worth it :)