Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Pre Potty Training

Since watching her cousin Chloe learn to potty train, Leila now tells us when she poops but doesn't necessarily want to sit on a normal toilet- so we are getting her a small toilet this weekend so she can 'chill' there.
She now can pull her pants up and down- not getting the back up yet- but I'm learning there is a TONS more to do before she will be trained. She doesn't know the difference between farting and poop. So we have that hurdle to get over. And the poor girl was so confused yesterday when I named her toys she gave me an Eeyore and her Winnie the Pooh- and she held out her hand from her hip and said 'Poop?!?' staring at the Winne the Pooh. Like 'this-is-what-is-in-my-diaper' with panic in her eyes. Ohh Leila- we will just call him Winnie the Bear from now on.
Leila now says 'money' and 'meek' for Minnie and mickey mouse. Ohh she is growing- its so awesome.

2 comments:

Ellison Family said...

How old is Leila, I keep thinking she is the same age as Nikki because they are about the same size but I'm guessing shes younger? Hows Ohio? I miss that place so much.

Brey, Hillary, Leila & Lydia said...

Leila will be 2 at the end of the month- we were due at the same time I think. Ohio was lovely! I miss my family terribly. I haven't been to Ashland since I left 05/03 but I keep intouch with Seth and his wife. Leila is 30 lbs and 34 inches.