Monday, March 15, 2010

Leila's Collection

Yesterday we had dinner with Brey's family - we have corned beef with food dyed green vegetables (carrots, whole red potatoes etc.) for St. Patrick's day. We have this meal twice a year March and then in October. October because that is the month that he left and returned from his mission to Ireland. Anyways. After dinner Leila was rather insistent on going to bed. So even though it was day light time change and she was going to bed early for even a regular day- Brey did the night time routine with her and she went to bed. All of us then played cards with Brey's family (minus Chad). When we came back down stairs to check on Leila, she was in her bed. Her bed had grown a slight collection of Leila's favorite things- a pom pom, new underwear, socks, additional books, a HUGE comforter, figurines and of course a headband with a large flower on it.
It was so funny to find her in that swarm of mess. The comforter in of itself was for our Queen bed, and she lugged it into her toddler bed and then got comfortable with it PLUS all the other stuff she "needed" to go to sleep with. I mean I have so many questions for her. Like, why not the remote that you carry around? or how did you see what you were getting in the dark? What order did you get more items- you all ready have ALL that stuff and then thought 'i need a HUGE blanket too!' or did you get up and sit on your potty with a book and decide that you needed underwear to sleep with even though you were wearing a diaper? Why didn't you just leave the bedroom and come hang out with us upstairs? Or was it just a raid of what you could get your hands on the quickest? I love you Leila, I just don't understand but I'm glad you were happy as you fell asleep. :o)

3 comments:

Paige said...

That is so cute! I am so happy I found your blog by the way. I guess that is a perk of having gone to the same high school as your husband.

Ellison Family said...

She reminds me of my Nikki, too bad we don't live closer we could have play dates. Are you guys living in Ohio than or Utah? Or somewhere else?

Screen Door Prep said...

Too, too cute.