Thursday, August 6, 2009

She's Watching & Learning

Leila amazes me with her learning. Just this week when she gets food- she bows her head and folds her arms to pray. It makes my heart melt that she is learning from me and Brey's example. She also says 'Ahhh' at the end, an attempt to say 'amen' i think. Maybe I should start closing my eyes so she gets that hint too- but its hard not to watch her every minute-especially if the grown ups just look away for 2 minutes- she could do a lot in 2 minutes!

Today at Costco brey & i got hot dogs- and Leila was eating her snacks when mid-bite she put it down on the table and folded her arms- i said a prayer 'dear heavenly father, thank you for this food. amen' with her saying 'ahhh' at the end. no need to make a lengthy one huh? I just didn't want to ignore her wanting to pray.

She has also learned to lift one leg up with the exercise song with barney, and I am seriously going to check out the new 'Backyardigans' songs dvd- if only 'Imagination Movers' did a song dvd- I enjoy those! Leila just loves to dance dance dance- especially if there are movements- one song is 'everyone is special' and it is of children playing and laughing and giggling- so I started doing the number one with my finger and now she does it too! she is alot of fun.

My to do list is lengthy before we go to ohio- I need to find children's headphones and get Leila used to wearing them- she demolished my headphones, so i actually need to find 2 pairs! I also need to empty my memory card too. Tami's birthday is the 11th, then Robin Williams (my old boss at LDS FamServices) is having an open house on the 12th in Layton before she gets transferred to Georgia and we are in Ohio on the 13th! This weekend is the Avery Family reunion at Lava Hot Springs but I doubt we'll go- 73* and t-storms doesn't sound like a fun time at a park and pool with an almost 18 month old to me. So I guess I should pack Sunday huh? First we have to search storage to find requests to take to Ohio- joy!?!?

its all worth it!

1 comment:

Christina said...

That is soo sweet about her little prayers! I love it! :) Have fun in Ohio!