Tonight was the night I had been waiting for ALL week. Last Sunday I told Brey I wanted to go on a 'date' with him and then during relief society they said that there would be a 'date night' by the elders quorum and a nursery provided. I signed up for desserts that way Brey and I couldn't back out (it also gave me an excuse to use my new EagleBrand Receipe book). Anyways, as we arrive I made the comment to Brey that there wasn't a lot of people there and it appeared that people might be taking advantage of the free baby sitting and dropping the kids off and NOT staying for the activity- which was kinda funny to think of. We met some friends at the door and they asked if we were dropping Leila off too. WAIT?! dropping her off??!?!! we will be across the hallway the whole time, right?!? nope! the event was being held down the street at a business- I totally had to brace myself, because I have NEVER left Leila anywhere except in Brey's hands, even when I'm at work HE takes her and HE drops her off at a babysitters during scouts on Wednesday nights and last week when he had a camp out HE dropped her off at our friends and I got to pick her up.
oh the poor Sister that had to listen to my rantings of an introduction to the diaper bag- looking back, it's a diaper bag- pretty simple, but I think I pointed out ALL the compartments and the uses for each thing- oh, bless her for being patient! this is her toy, her bottle and her food. . .this is a diaper pad . . .a sippie cup. . .oh soo embarrassing- now I know why Brey was trying to nudge me out the door!!
FINALLY we get out the door- I left the cookies inside. so I had to go back. Then we get to the car and I put the keys in the diaper bag- so Brey went back. We get to the event and it was nice to just hang out with adults- we had pizza and i saw that most people tried the cookies I made.
After the dinner they started removing the tables and setting up for a game- so we left. I put the remainder of the cookies on a plate provided by the hosts and we drove away and got to pick up Leila only an hour after we had left.
We peeked though the window in the door to see her sitting no her blanket with a couple treats at her feet just looking up at Annette talking to other children while holding a little girl the exact same age as Leila ( there were I think 5 babies with in 3 weeks with Leila).
We walked in the door and she crawled as fast as her lil legs could take her! We got hugs and we left. She must have had a good time because she was a 'chatty cathy' once she got home. She even talked herself to sleep. . . where would she get that from?!??!??!!
oh the poor Sister that had to listen to my rantings of an introduction to the diaper bag- looking back, it's a diaper bag- pretty simple, but I think I pointed out ALL the compartments and the uses for each thing- oh, bless her for being patient! this is her toy, her bottle and her food. . .this is a diaper pad . . .a sippie cup. . .oh soo embarrassing- now I know why Brey was trying to nudge me out the door!!
FINALLY we get out the door- I left the cookies inside. so I had to go back. Then we get to the car and I put the keys in the diaper bag- so Brey went back. We get to the event and it was nice to just hang out with adults- we had pizza and i saw that most people tried the cookies I made.
After the dinner they started removing the tables and setting up for a game- so we left. I put the remainder of the cookies on a plate provided by the hosts and we drove away and got to pick up Leila only an hour after we had left.
We peeked though the window in the door to see her sitting no her blanket with a couple treats at her feet just looking up at Annette talking to other children while holding a little girl the exact same age as Leila ( there were I think 5 babies with in 3 weeks with Leila).
We walked in the door and she crawled as fast as her lil legs could take her! We got hugs and we left. She must have had a good time because she was a 'chatty cathy' once she got home. She even talked herself to sleep. . . where would she get that from?!??!??!!
ps the picture is from earlier today- when we were going to the store, we are in the hood (s)!
1 comment:
I totally understand where you're coming from. I hate leaving William with others and it's hard to leave when he's crying. But people say that he only cries for like 2 mins then he's fine. But it's still hard to walk away from your child.
Post a Comment