It is so wonderful! Though there has been a fair amount of surprises. Like- I'm the WORST at changing diapers and Leila won't take a pacifier at all (I thought all babies loved them). Also we are able to get a good amount of sleep- if I feed her up until I go to bed (midnight-ish) then we all get about 6 hours of sleep. Today we all slept in until almost 11am- I fed her at 6 and then again at 10. Brey will get up and change the diaper and hand her off to me when she is all nice and clean.
I'm healing ok. I wouldn't say great because most of my painkillers are running out and I've had to start antibiotics for a breast infection- but I'm still able to breastfeed- so I think that is still worth it.
Having my mom and dad here for a week was awesome. It takes me a full day to do laundry now. Not to mention brey is worked to the bone getting me things from stores (prescription & food). Our neighbors are dong great- helping with delicious meals.
It's amazing to see Susi and Dallin with their little one Blake. He is too cute! He was born 2 days before Leila but their size difference is so great- she was almost 5 more inches longer and 2 lbs heavier!
We also got news that we have friends that are pregnant and their little one will be joining us in 6 more months!! Babies everywhere!!
It's amazing how much we've learned from Leila this week about her personality- I can't wait to get to know her even better as time goes on.
2 comments:
FYI William only took a pacifier for a month or so then found his thumb. And he didn't take a pacifier til he was 2 months old. You're going a great job and Leila is beautiful! Congrats Mom!
The joys of being a new mom... you sound like you are coping well though! Leila really is beautiful!
Post a Comment