Monday, March 24, 2008

Tonight-tonight


Today is the day- to start the ball rolling on getting Leila in our arms!
I will go to the hospital at 9pm. This will probably be the least exciting part of the whole ordeal- but we'll stay the night being monitored and things should start happening in the morning hours of Tuesday.( I'm hoping anyways!)
As far as guessing goes- you were all wrong. All of you were. No one guessed Tuesday March 25th. Though Sue, Thella and Lindsay were all with in 48 hours of the 25th.
41 weeks. That is a long time to be pregnant, don't you think? The pregnancy books I have are attempting to be comforting mentioning that 10-12% of babies come after 40 weeks, but besides my mother and grandma Kelly- I haven't heard 10-12% of birth stories say that. I guess I just got lucky- or something like that.
On the topic of being like my mom....I've already got the hives from my nerves. Do you remember Hopes wedding- and mom came down the aisle all flustered and red on the chest. .. then I came down the aisle with the same red blotchy-ness and then Hope came down the aisle all red and blotchy- well- I'm there already. I just think it's funny that our emotions can be shown through our skin. My dentist thought it was an allergic reaction until I told him about Hope's wedding day. I can even predict that mom's chest will be red and maybe Hopes as they go through out their day tomorrow nervous/excited for me. Thanks mom and Hope for joining me- and remember to dress appropriately tomorrow or people might think it's an allergic reaction too!
OK, well 9pm here we come. Today-I've just been trying to pass time. Laundry, dishes, windows, mirrors- and I'm repacking EVERYTHING....since I packed it February 3rd! I was really off on the preparedness route. Mom & Dad arrive wednesday evening which is very VERY exciting. And I will post once I arrive home Thursday-ish. You can email me messages @ https://intermountainhealthcare.org/xp/secure/forms/lds_emailpat/ website and they'll deliver it to my room. The phone number is 801-408-1100 for the hospital - you might have to ask for the maternity ward (not Labor and Delivery). Thanks! Love, Hillary

2 comments:

Natalie Sue said...

Yay!!! And now you have the most GORGEOUS baby girl! You are amazing..don't you just feel amazing?! (Well, besides the recovery part.) It's so fun being your neighbor! I love it!!!

Anonymous said...

Leila is adorable! Not that I thought she wouldn't be. Thanks for sending the pictures. I'm glad to hear that everything is going well.....Take care,Elaine and family