Sunday, February 10, 2008

Stripes/ Hospital Tour



Ok, here are the pictures of the baby's room. It looks so great. Unfortunately our crib is ordered but it might be 3-14 days until we get it. It will be beautiful once it gets picked up and gets here. We are definately gaining momentum on getting ready to bring baby home!!

Yesterday we got our hair cuts and then went to Cafe Rio (yumm). We called LDS Hospital and they said it would be ok to come take a tour of the Labor & Delivery Floor. We arrived in the avenues -which is a very confusing place to be because of all the one way streets and to know when there is a stop sign or when you don't have a stop sign--going up some very steep hills. FINALLY we get to the hospital and (I half expected) we circled the hospital looking for the 'main enterence'. We parked and then went to the 4th floor as instructed from the phone conversation.

What now?!! We just came face to face with a glass door and the funny feeling that you are being watched. You have 3 options on the intercom and I had not a clue to call maternity or Labor and Devlivery- I eliminated calling the NICU all by myself!

We met up with the Charge Nurse, Suzy and she gave me and Brey a one on one tour of the floor. We saw the not so spacious Labor and Delivery room- which is fine b/c I only want it to be me and Brey anyways. Checked out the amenities (TV,DVD etc) and went through step by step what to expect once I get to the room and who is all involved in the baby and my care while in the room. We took a short trip down the hall and found where the nursery is and where the baby will take her first bath. Also something uber special is that when I have the baby and I have the baby in my arms while in the wheelchair and go down the hallway- they play a lullaby for everyone to know that a new mother (me) is coming into the maternity ward with my new little one! AWwww. It made me tear up as I saw a new mom coming down the hallway as we passed it on the way out.

We then after seeing the bathing area and nursery got to see a maternity room- which all of them are single rooms. I learned that all the nurses are trained in lactation- so that will help- but there is a lactation specialist if I do want some help from her too. Other things are pretty basic but it was good to hear it from a nurse that is on the floor - 3 meals, snacks, flavored ice - when I can't eat food- a cot for Brey to stay the night- vending machines. It was overall a great visit with lots of information. Though she did ask us not to bring any boose for the occasion. I guess we will survive :o)

This week I have a Dr. Appointment on Wednesday- and Susi's Shower on Saturday morning and my own shower with friends Saturday afternoon. I do need to make changes on my Target registry so I bet I'll go there at some point and I will be goingto visit my friends and meeting their little ones. Driving is becoming uncomfortable so hopefully these trips will go smoothly. Also it's Valentines Day and Brey and I like going to the temple rather than to a crowded resturant- it's still like a date night for us. I 'm excited.

I hope you have a happy valentines day- but I'll probably post before then anyways. Love, Hillary

No comments: