Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Epideral PLEASE!

Whoa! Ok, today was just a check up - but honestly- I'm glad it is just an option to get 'checked' again until the hospital. That's it- I'm not curious enough for my Dr. to know if I am dialated EVER again. Never ever again. Ok- at 39 weeks maybe. How did you mother's do this more than once? Why on earth would you consider 'stretching' or even 'scraping membranes'? I guess I'm truely not done being pregnant if I can't even consider inducing possiblities. Yes- I will be having an epideral even if it just takes away the 'checking' pain- it's well worth it in my books!
By the way- I've never had a painful period- with cramps or bloating - so I wonder if maybe I would have been introduced to that this wouldn't seem as bad- none the less- I'm a first time mom and this is all very new.
On the plus side I did put items in a bag and took it to the doctors appointment. I think it's the beginning of my 'hospital bag'- I don't know what really to put in there- Brey's bag is way more heavy than mine. In my bag I have my nursing night gown, my belly band, sleeping bra, socks, hair brush, bar soap, some makeup and my daily meds- plus motrin and colace. Brey has a change of clothes (2), shoes, shaving stuff and entertainment stuff plus electronics like the camera and camcorder. Aslo I did some granola bars and change for the food machines.
Having a 'dry run' I now know to add camcorder tapes, and chargers for the cameras- I'll have Brey go though his bag to make sure necessities are in there. Now we just wait for four more weeks. Next Dr. appointment is the 27th and then it will be March! It's getting so close!

1 comment:

EJNielsen said...

Tell Brey to pack sandwiches too. Most hospitals have a little fridge you can use. Always bring more than less... including food!