Here I am the morning after seeing my best friend get married and all I can think about is how wonderful she is. In high school we formed a special bond, college bound and no one could tell us otherwise. We visited a dozen universities (some just to see older friends) to decide where we would come individuals, She chose a college where my sister was going, making it convenient to visit but I soon found a different path. In a couple years, I was off across the country, in a completely different environment than my once 17 year old self thought I would be in. She continued to be a stellar friend and maturing woman and dedicated herself to teaching high school English also coaching volleyball. While going to college I got married and then children followed. She and I would catch up and discuss latest events but sometimes just about her relationships, which I told her again and again- he didn't deserve her, she wasn't treated like the queen she is.. Sadly we had this conversation again and again through the years. Then a few years ago I didn't get many phone calls. And I couldn't have been happier.. She was no longer getting her heart broken, she had found HIM. I didn't have to meet him to know, she knew and that is what mattered. Finally I did meet him and agreed he was amazing. So glad she found another best friend to journey through life with. Best if luck! You have your king who treats you like the queen I have always known you to been. I love you, Katie!
No comments:
Post a Comment