Monday, September 26, 2011

Avery Happenings

Lydia has been so different from Leila. She had been a more than usual fussy baby and a more than usual spit up baby. I was considering Colic for a little while, and I also had tried eliminating foods from my diet to see if she was having trouble with the breastmilk. I would have never considered what happened last week- but kinda relieved she can be a happy baby- and I can cut down on my laundry loads of dirty shirts and spit up cloths.


I was hanging out in Lydia's room when I heard an unfamiliar sound. I got up and checked on her and she was completly rigid and blue around the mouth. Eventually she came too (her eyes had been fixed) and I called the pediatrician who suggested we take her into Children's Hospital to make sure there wasn't anything that made its way into her lungs. We stayed overnight for monitoring and left with the diagnosis of 'REFLUX' and now she feeds more upright, stays upright for 30 minutes after a feeding and sleeps on an inclined on one end mattress. She is definately not as fussy anymore, and spits up alot less.
In the swing. . Again! I bought this the weekend before- who knew I would use it as much as I am - I don't lay Lydia flat on her back anymore.

Potty Training Joy! This weekend we started potty training- Leila seems really into it now. .I hope I can keep up with her. Now she tries to 'keep her princesses dry and clean' - this is a picture of her with sleeping beauty panties on! Such a big girl!


such a cutie! Lydia photo from today- I wonder if her eyes will remain blue??

No comments: