Leila and I have both been sick since Saturday. She first had a fever but now it's an annoying cough and sore throat. It's been not fun. But I've learned a lot about her. She actually LOVES having her kitty cat, which she got for her birthday a year ago. It is her comfort item. I would have assumed Jessie the Cowgirl or Woody from Toy Story would take this role, but her kitty cat goes with her everywhere.
Leila loves eating yogurt and ice water. Our throats are bothering us the most. She refuses to take medicine, so she has grown accustomed to getting a vics vapor rub down before bed- she pulls her shirt down- nearly to her belly button if it will give that much.
Leila also misses her dad VERY much. She has gotten up everyday since being sick and checks the whole house for him before she sits and eats breakfast. Yesterday my grandmother took us to the appointment and Brey met us there. I told Leila that Brey would be there and she started singing a song- like she did while Brey was in Utah for his brother's wedding. The song goes 'Dad-dy home. Dad-dy home. Go with Grandma to see Dad-dy.' As we were waiting outside for my grandmother she yelled to the neighbor across the street and said 'go see daddy' as she waved.
At my appointment yesterday, she enjoyed watching the fish tank- and after we all heard the heartbeat and the appointment was finished, I told Leila to go say 'good bye to the fishes' so she walked with Brey into the waiting room. The door opens. She yells 'BYE FISH!' to the crowded waiting room about 10 feet away from the actual tank.
She sure is fun!
No comments:
Post a Comment