Leila has 3 videos from Leap Frog- 'letter and word factory' and a 'going to school' . They are great! She loves them. I also have a photo album that I put family pictures in AND the note cards that go with the video and another set of ABC cards I got from a dollar store. This album is now her favorite book and is most likely the book that she takes to bed at night.
The videos says the 'A' says 'ahhh' so Leila has been learning the letter names and their sounds. .and she is really picking it up. She only really has trouble with N, J, Q, and Y. There is a song that the video sings and when I sing it I leave out either the name or the sound and she gets them mostly right! I'm just amazed that I might be doing 'sight' word note cards with her next and I wonder how she'll pick those up too!? or I have a couple creative things up my sleeve. .so I'm getting so happy to start 'teaching' Leila instead of just playing but of course trying to make learning fun!
2 comments:
I just had to comment because I remember how excited I was when Corbin reached that stage too. It is so fun to watch them learn. A friend told me about Starfall.com, which Corbin loves when I play around on it with him, so I thought I'd pass it on :)
Hillary are you loving being back home with your family? It sounds like things are going great with you and Brey! We will definitely miss you at Bear Lake this summer! Good luck!
Post a Comment