Friday, April 30, 2010

Leila's Words

I've moved past the hope that Leila will learn the animal names for the sounds that she knows. I think a fish will forever be a 'glub' and a cow a 'moo'. Whatever works. I know what she is saying.
But she loves learning body parts. She has been pointing to them as I name them for a while, but now she says the words and points at the body parts on me! She knows the typical nose, ears, teeth, tongue but also learning cheeks, heel, thumb, pinky etc. Her favorite is her elbow.
She also is saying words like potty, pretty, color, water, pizza and bath.
Her Ohio transition is going well. We play and learn until 11 and then I fix lunch while she watches Hi-5. She'll nap from 12:30-2:30. When she gets out of bed she plays with her toys and when she is ready to leave her room she'll knock on the door until I come get her. She can open the door but she insists on waiting until I open the door. I actually tried to test her out the other day and waited 5 minutes before opening the door. She just stood there and knocked on the door. She was so patient.
My sister taught Leila a running game. You put your back up against the wall and then count down with 'ready set go' and then run across the room. She loves playing that game. Leila will wait until I say anything before running. Sometimes she'll be playing and walk over the the wall and just hang out and groan waiting for me to say the magic words.

No comments: