Friday, March 5, 2010

Toddler Bed & Aquarium

Leila is now sleeping with out her high bed rails. Brey made her a guard rail with flowers and hearts on it. And its been a success for bed time but nap time was challenging. It was partly challenging because we went to the aquarium and Leila slept before we went in at 1130! Then she didn't sleep on the way home- and then when it was nap time I caught her every 5-10 minutes out of her crib for 30 minutes and then she decided she could just play in her bed. Whatever works. She obviously wasn't tired. So after another 30 minutes we ended nap time.
Leila does keep a stash of books and figurines (including Minnie!) under her pillow and she was playing this morning with out her pants or diaper on. I told her 'new diaper' and she got eagerly down from her bed and just laid onto of the unfolded diaper. Well at least that was good- no wrestling match for that diaper change.
The aquarium was totally lame.
What I found interesting was that they had great big octopus and then some jellyfish, and a four-eyed fish- which only has 2 eyes but because they look above the water their pupils are split for looking under and above at the same time! Leila liked the snake and all the 'glub glub!'

She was just yelling 'glub GLUB!' when she saw the first tank of fish and got quieter as she realized the whole place was full of fish- but still poked and even kissed one of the fish tanks. (I think she must of really liked the big fish because they were the ones on the receiving end of the glass kissing before we stopped it). It was a good learning experience for her. I felt bad trying to explain things like 'sea horse' and coral as the flowers in the water.

No comments: