Today we were playing with her piggy bank- putting money in the slot- then shaking the coins back out. We then ventured out to the grocery store; I usually go in the early am after work but work has been almost consistent for weeks of overtime. .so now Leila joins me and we go in the afternoon. Going with her isn't as peaceful and there is more strategy to loading the cart. Especially going through the fresh food section I 'park' her cart and then run to make decisions because she is leaning over the end trying to grab at the food like tomatoes and broccoli and apples (all her favorites). But other than that she was enjoying me handing her the food and her 'dropping it over her shoulder' and then looking back to see where it landed.
As we were leaving there was a salvation army person ringing the bell. PERFECT! She knows how to put coins in the slot! So I find coins in my purse and I do one- then hand her the others. .she then promptly tossed them over her shoulder into the grocery cart!
Later when we arrived home- she was 'helping me' unload the groceries from the bags. Handing me cans and I put them on the counter. Handing me the bananas. And then she was gone! Ok, I thought, I'll start dinner. Finally I call Leila to come to me because it was the awkward toddler silence surrounding me- and she shows up with a half eaten tomato in hand and her face/shirt covered in seeds and juice from eating the tomato like an apple!
No comments:
Post a Comment