Leila has an allergy. In early December i gave her Gerber puree of apricots and she broke out in light amount of hives- around her mouth and chin/neck. Dr. J (our pediatrician) said it was probably a hives reaction to a fever she couldn't shake (peaking at night going 12 hours no symptoms and POOF it was back again for 5 days!) and finally got rid of. But he cautioned to wait a month and try again- so I tried tonight and she had another hives reaction and was clicking her mouth funny - so after a quick google search (the most effective way to diagnose) i found out about Oral Allergy Syndrome and apricots are on the list of raw fruits that are common. The weird thing is, that the article mentions, is if it is cooked than there is less likely of a chance to have a reaction or if the fruit is fresh off the tree. It also causes itching so maybe that is why she was talking/clicking funny- b/c her mouth might have felt different.
So I gave her benadryl- and to my surprise she got a huge surge of energy! She later went down SUPER fast for Brey at bedtime, but she was moving EVERYWHERE before I left for work. I'll post video later.
1 comment:
Wow, that is interesting! Poor girl.. I hate hives. They are so itchy.
Post a Comment