Sunday, September 21, 2008

Our Spontaneous Day

We had spontaneous day today. I never thought that would be possible with a baby- but with a combination gassy night and teething- I didn't get much sleep- and then she was on the trail to not getting her noon nap- after a fussy morning- so even though my hair/ make up and brey was dressed for church- I said 'desperate times, desperate measures' and packed the diaper bag full of stuff and Brey changed his clothes and we got in the car with no where to go.
We drove up to Farmington and then down Legacy Parkway- which for all you Ohioans is a new road that goes more south west than the freeway- and its a beautiful drive because there is almost no development west of the freeway- this Legacy Parkway opened just last Sunday. Then we drove down I-215 and got off before it started turning east and went down Redwood Road until 140th South, then we went to Herriman (where I wouldn't mind living next) and ate lunch in a park as Leila woke up. She got to play on the blanket. Then Brey took Bangeter then I-15 over to Lehi to visit Dave & Meghan at their house. We left our house at 12:30 and got to Lehi around 2:30! We then returned home around 4.
It was a great day- Leila behaved better than expected. She is still taking the orajel 3 times a day and Tylenol in the evening when everything seems worse. We have her 6 month appointment on Wednesday- why not add shots to the misery?!?
Although- they did say 3 and 6 are never good days (3rd & 6th Day, 3rd & 6th Week and 3rd & 6 Month) for babies- I guess that rings true in this house!
Have a beautiful day tomorrow. I'm going to bed early tonight- good night.

PS This is my 100th Post! Thanks for reading! Thanks for the comments.

1 comment:

Natalie Sue said...

um, i think i definately agree with that.....we are at 3 months!