
Ok, Utahans- I need your help! What is this bug I am finding in my house?? It is a slender body- but it has a pincher on its butt and the ones i've found use it for a defense. I promise I'm a clean person- we've never had bugs like this but we find them in between papers, on our blinds and on the floor! I need to get rid of them! they freak me out! and I'm freaking out because I don't know if one could climb in Leila's or my bed!! EWWW! I'm shaking my sheets/blankets before i use them- but just when i think i'm safe, my cat finds one! Before you think I'm dirty I've only found 3-5 of them, but that is far too many for my comfort! I'm glad they aren't spiders which i really hate- but I think I'm putting this bug up on my list of phobias because it could be anywhere!! UGH!! (i've got the chills thinking about it even as I'm writing this!!)
Thanks Christine!! This is the culprit!
2 comments:
Does it look like this?
http://www.dkimages.com/discover/previews/879/25020137.JPG
If it does its an earwig. I think they get the name from eating ears of corn. They are really common. Sorry your getting them everywhere. I think normal bug spray should kill them!
Don't worry guys, when Brad and I lived in Farmington we had hundreds in our house. It has nothing to do with clean, for us it had to do with corn crops right out your front door. Not a night went by that I didn't feel one pinching me. It got so second nature to just pick it up and throw it and go back to bed. We finally bug bombed and that seemed to take care of the problem. Good Luck. Also, Brey, I would also call them earwigs but either way they suck.
Post a Comment